How to Make A Maracas
WALT: We are learning how to make a Maracas
What You Need:
- 2 plastic cups or yogurt containers --- the same size --- clean and dry.
- 1/2 cup of coffee beans or dried peas or macaroni, rice or beads.
- Glue hot glue will work well but requires adult supervision
- Masking tape.
- Paint acrylic paint is the best for this type of material but you can also use poster paint or tempera with glue added to it to make it stick to the plastic.
- Fabric optional
What You Do:
- Put the beans or peas into one of the cups or containers
- Hot glue the 2 containers together.
- Wrap masking tape around the rims for added support.
- Paint the shaker with bright colors and glue on fabric pieces too if you wish.